Moi, moi, moi...

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My extended family.


My Mom was reading the other day about cheetahs, which are extremely endangered. They tend to live alone (like Moi), and make all the same kinds of noises that I do... chirps and when they are content, very loud purrs.

There were two litters of cheetah cubs born recently at the National Zoo in Washington, D.C. but some of them are old enough now that they had to leave their Moms and go to live at other zoos. I'm glad I don't have to leave my Mom (I know she isn't my real Mom, but still...).

I think it's pretty cool to have such a gorgeous extended family.

Shout-outs to some of my other feline friends (even if I haven't met them yet, my Mom has): Asiah (I'll forgive you for being a little upset when you came over to visit), Ginger, Lucy, Terrence and Persimmon (hope you guys like your new house!), Chief and Cocoa (I love to go over and sit outside your door).

And, of course, Fluffy and Tiny (I miss you... at least a little).

Love, Audrey

2 Comments:

  • Dear Audrey,
    It is so cool that cheetahs purr too. MY Mom read the following the other day, and I think it is cool:
    "If there were to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely vote for the purr".
    I kind of think the little cheetah in your picture looks a BIT like me. N'est-ce pas?
    Love, Fluffy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:45 AM  

  • Dear Fluffy, I agree about the purr being the universal sound of peace. We should host a purr-in.

    That baby cheetah is kind of fluffy like you, but you have a much more beautiful and regal "mane".

    Love, Audrey

    By Blogger Audrey, At 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home